Let’s take a glance at your “little angel” in the developing milestones of 24 to 36 months. According to the baby care center, when your babies become two-year-olds, they typically learn so many new and strange physical skills.
- Developmental Milestones: 12 to 15 Months
- Developmental Milestones: 15 to 18 Months
- Developmental Milestones: 18 to 24 Months
The toddlers also start to engage and interact more than pretend play. At the time of approaching age 3, they more often understand most of the things you say and talk to them.
However, if your children don’t have any signals to do the mentioned things, don’t so panic, because kids develop and grow in different abilities.
Physical Change Period
There is the fact that children not only raise rapidly but also learn the ways to feel and deal with what happens around them quickly too! They are eager to see something bigger happening with their muscles and body parts (gross motor skills), as well as expansion in small muscle activity (fine motor skills).
Most of the age 2 kids that can learn to do and engage things are the same at these by the end of the 3th year.
Cognitive Change Period
Toddlers begin to think in different ways, to learn new activities, to discover new techniques and to solve problems. Moreover, they can express their independence. By the end of 2-year-old age, kids particularly:
- Prefer more complicated games (inside and outside).
- Remember and give a small talk about what took place in the past, say with identified timing phrases like “the other day” or “many years ago”.
- Manage and play with 3-4 piece puzzles.
- Categorize toys by their features like type, size, shape, materials or color.
- Remember and imitate their favorite books and nursery melodies with you
- Maybe obey and follow two-step suggestion, such as “turn off the light and take your blanket”.
See More: Toys for 2 years old girls
Linguistic Change Period
Before the time jumping to age 4, children usually understand 80 – 90% of things you make a conversation to them. They also express more by non-verbal and verbal words. At this age, your kids can definitely:
- Know and pronounce the words for the people that they are familiar with, daily objects, and the body parts.
- Say various single words by 72 weeks and speak in sentences from 2 to 4 words by 96 weeks.
- Repeat words they listen to.
- Start questioning short sentences as “what’s that?” and “who?”
- Using plural nouns (cats) and simple pronouns (you, me)
See More: Toys and Gift Ideas for 4 Years old Boys
Social and Emotional Change Period
When kids turn into two-year-olds, they become extremely more independent and more excited in other gender kids. However, because they don’t have the words to express themselves, they can experience frustrating.
- Mimic the things other kids and adults do and communicate with them, as well as how they express it.
- Realize that they can deal with many things without help from the parents.
- Become naughtier than before, doing and trying things they’re not allowed to do, just to check what happens.
- Have strong tantrums when children get frustrated.
There must be a large amount of changing movements and physical skills from 24 to 36 months, they are active in activities such as climbing, running, and jumping. Also, tantrums are a basic way for 2-year-olds to show their frustration. If you realize anything goes in wrong manners, let’s talk to your doctor’s child.