Fun Ways of Sharing the News
Part of the excitement of the first months of pregnancy is sharing the joy with the people in your life. Here are a few ideas as to how you might do so:
- Call your Mom and tell her to set another place at Thanksgiving dinner next year.
- Sit down with your Dad and discuss college costs. When he asks why you're so interested all of a sudden, tell him.
- Go shopping with your best friend and lead her into a maternity store.
- Invite the neighbors over for cocktails and drink milk from your martini glass. They will figure it out.
- Throw a dinner party. When the time for dessert arrives, bring out a cake with the big announcement written in frosting.
- Throw a party with a baby theme. Let your guests arrive and do the math for themselves when they notice what you're serving and how your living room is decorated.
- Bring the party into the office, a book group meeting, a family gathering.
- Wear a Baby on Board tee shirt to the company picnic.
- Write your Mom, and any other mother you admire, a thank you note for showing you how to be a good mom. End the note with your announcement.
- Send out this year's Christmas card with a picture of you, your partner, and a blank space, signing it with your name, your partner's, and TBA.
- Send out an email survey to your friends and family, asking for their advice, name suggestions, and good wishes.